The Sacrament of Penance is an experience of the gift of God’s boundless mercy that frees us from our sins and also challenges us to have the same kind of compassion and forgiveness for those who sin against us. Most of our children receive this sacrament in grade level two.
Needed for the Sacrament of Reconciliation:
- Children must receive the Sacrament of Penance before they receive their First Communion.
- Two years of formal religious education at a parish religious education program or equivalent.
- The Sacrament of Baptism must have been received.
- Must know their Act of Contrition. Act-of-Contrition
Please review the Rite of Reconciliation with your child, so that they are well-prepared. Please review our First Sacraments Preparation Guide.
It is also important that your child examines their conscience before receiving the Sacrament. A list of questions can be found here.
- First Penance/First Holy Communion Parent Information- More information will be communicated via email January 2024
- First Penance is tentatively scheduled to be celebrated at St. Isidore Church (2545 W. Pumping Station Rd) on Thursday, April 25, 2024, at 6:30 PM