First Holy Communion is considered one of the holiest and most important occasions in a person’s Catholic life. It means that person has received the Sacrament of the Eucharist, the body and blood of Jesus Christ. Most of our children recieve this Sacrament in the second grade, following the Sacrament of Pennance.
- In order for anyone to receive communion, that person must be without sin and in a state of grace.
- Two years of formal religious education at a parish religious education program or equivalent.
- The Sacrament of Penance must have been received.
- The Sacrament of Baptism must have been received.
- Sacramental Information Form – This form provides the necessary information for the official church register.
First Holy Communion Parents Meeting
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017; 7:00pm
- @School Gym
First Holy Communion Retreat
- Saturday, March 25, 2017; 9:00am
- @School Gym
Family-Centered First Holy Communion
- Child will sit and approach altar with parents to receive First Holy Communion. Pews will be reserved for immediate family only.
- Practice – Thursday, April 20, 2017; 6-6:45pm
- Sacrament – Saturday, April 22, 2017; 5:00pm Mass
- Sacrament – Sunday, April 23, 2017; 9:00am, 11:00am, Masses
- Sacrament – Saturday, April 29, 2017; 5:00pm Mass
- Sacrament – Sunday, April 30, 2017; 9:00am, 11:00am, Masses
Group First Holy Communion
- Child will sit with and approach altar with other students.
- Practice – Thursday, May 4, 2017; 6:00pm
- Sacrament – Sunday, May 7, 2017, 11:00am Mass