Confirmation is the third Sacrament of Initiation in the Catholic Church. (Baptism is the first Sacrament of Initiation and Eucharist is the second.) Confirmation establishes the beginning, NOT the end or “graduation,” of a life of full participation and responsibility in the Church. This Sacrament is received by our students after the completion of Grade/Level 6 in the fall of 7th grade for most students.
- Preparation – Confirmation is a two year process, beginning with grade level 5.
- Saint Research – Candidates must research no less than five saints on various assigned topics and select their saint name by the end of grade level 5
- Service Projects – Jesus modeled service to others and we are all encouraged to do as he did. Candidates are encouraged to serve their school, church, and community as much as possible. Three service projects are required as evidence of service. Each project must be a minimum of two hours and completed in 5th or 6th grade. The Community Service Reflection forms should be submitted to the school/PREP teacher.
- Retreat – Will be held Sunday, September 15, 2019 from 11-4pm. We will celebrate 11AM mass and move to the Youth Center. Attendance is mandatory. The Confirmation fee of $30.00 will be collected at this time and robes can be ordered for $20.00.
- Sponsors – Must be a registered Catholic and in good standing. Please remind sponsors that the Sponsor Certification Form must be completed by their parish and returned as soon as possible but no later than the Fall before Confirmation.
- Confirmation Questions of the Holy Spirit – Students will reflect and respond to questions that relate to the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Student work must be typed.
- Confirmation Interview – Satisfactory interview with the DRE, a deacon or a representative of the DRE. This will occur in April or May of their Grade /Level 6.
|Please return it to your 6th Grade Level Catechist or to the Parish office.|
|This form needs to be completed by your child’s sponsor and returned to the Parish office.|
|This form provides you with details, ideas, and documentation for your service project|
|Gifts of the Holy Spirit Questions||Students must type their answers and submit a paper copy to their school or PREP teacher.|
|This document provides the study guide for Confirmation questions.|
|Confirmation Interview Questions||This document provides a list of questions you need to know before being confirmed.|