Confirmation is the third Sacrament of Initiation in the Catholic Church. (Baptism is the first Sacrament of Initiation and Eucharist is the second.) Confirmation establishes the beginning, NOT the end or “graduation,” of a life of full participation and responsibility in the Church. Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Isidore Parish is a two year process beginning with Grade/Level 5. This Sacrament is received by our students after the completion of Grade/Level 6 in the fall of 7th grade for most students.
- Saint Research – Candidates must research no less than five saints on various assigned topics and select their saint name by the end of Grade/Level 5.
- Works of Mercy/Service Projects – Jesus modeled service to others and we are all encouraged to do as he did. Candidates are encouraged to serve their school, church, and community as much as possible. Three meaningful projects are required as evidence of service and based on the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy. Each project must be a minimum of two hours, signed by the supervisor of the project and completed between the Spring of Grade/Level 5 and the Spring of Grade/Level 6.
- Sacrament Information Sheet – Families must complete this form legibly providing the information which will be used for the Parish Sacramental Register. This form must be completed and returned in December.
- —-Interview – Candidates must interview their sponsor and complete the interview form.
- —-Sponsor Certification Form/Letter of Eligibility – All sponsors must be at least 16 years of age, and a registered Catholic in good standing at their parish. Parents CANNOT be a sponsor for their child. The certification form must be completed by the sponsors home parish and include the seal of the parish. If the sponsor is registered at St. Isidore Parish, they may submit the form to Father Brabazon after any weekend Mass. This form and the sponsor interview form are due at the end of January.
- Confirmation Questions of the Holy Spirit – Students will reflect and respond to questions that relate to the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Student work must by typed. These reflections are due at the end of February.
- Works of Mercy Reflections – See Works of Mercy/Service Projects above. Upon completion of service, candidates should have the adult who supervised sign the reflection form, and candidates must complete the reflection form questions. The Works of Mercy Reflection forms are due at the end of March.
- Confirmation Interview – Satisfactory interview with the DRE, a deacon, or a representative of the DRE. Interviews will occur after all above required items are received. Interviews will be scheduled in April or May of Grade/Level 6.
- Retreat and Practice – Will most likely be held in mid-September at the Youth Center and will include Mass and practice for Confirmation candidates only. Attendance is mandatory. The Confirmation fee of $30 will be collected at this time, and if needed measurements for robes will be taken and can be ordered for an additional $20. Practice for students and sponsors will be held separately and closer to the date of Confirmation.
|Please return it to your 6th Grade Level Catechist or to the Parish office. Due in December.|
|This form needs to be completed by your child’s sponsor and include the seal of the sponsor’s parish. Forms should be returned to your Level 6 Catechist or the Parish office. Due in January.|
|This form provides you with details, ideas, and documentation for your service project. Due in March.|
|Gifts of the Holy Spirit Questions||Students must type their answers and submit a paper copy to their school or PREP teacher by the end of February.|
|This document provides the study guide for Confirmation questions.|
|Confirmation Interview Questions||This document provides a list of questions you need to know before being confirmed.|