Confirmation is one of three Sacraments of Initiation in the Catholic Church. (Baptism and Eucharist are the other two.) Confirmation strengthens the Holy Spirit’s presence in us, which was received at Baptism. It empowers us for a life of mission and vocation and establishes the beginning of a life of full participation and responsibility in the Catholic Church. It is not the end or “graduation” of one’s faith journey. Find out more about Confirmation here.
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Isidore Parish is a two year process beginning with Grade/Level 5. This Sacrament is received by our students after the completion of Grade/Level 6, in the fall of 7th grade for most students.
Items needed to prepare for Confirmation:
- Saint Research – Candidates should research approved saints and blesseds of the Catholic Church to select the saint name they choose for Confirmation. Please be sure to visit an appropriate Catholic site to obtain information.
- Works of Mercy/Service Projects – Jesus modeled service to others and we are all encouraged to do as he did. Candidates are encouraged to serve their school, church, and community as much as possible. Three meaningful projects – based on the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy or the Beatitudes – are required as evidence of service. Each project must be a minimum of two hours, include the signature of the project supervisor, and be completed between the Spring of Grade/Level 5 and the Spring of Grade/Level 6. Guidelines for Service 2021.
- Confirmation Information Sheet – Parents/Guardians must complete this form legibly, in ink, providing the information which will be used for the Parish Sacramental Register.
- —-Interview – Candidates must interview their sponsor and complete the interview form. Sponsor Certificate with Questions.
- —-Sponsor Certification Form/Letter of Eligibility – All sponsors must be at least 16 years of age, have already received the Sacraments of Initiation of the Catholic Church (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist), and be registered Catholics in good standing at their parish. Parents CANNOT be a sponsor for their child. The certification form must be completed by the sponsor’s home parish and include the seal of the parish. If the sponsor is registered at St. Isidore Parish, they may bring the form to Father Brabazon after any scheduled Mass for his completion and signature.
- Works of Mercy Reflections – See Works of Mercy/Service Projects above. Upon completion of service, candidates should have the adult who supervised print their name and sign the reflection form, then candidates must complete the reflection form questions in ink.
- Sacrament fee – Is collected in the summer or early fall before Confirmation. The Confirmation fee is $30 for all candidates. There is an additional $20 fee for those who need to purchase a Confirmation gown. The link to the Parish Giving form for the sacramental fee can be found here.
- Retreat and Practice – Will most likely be held in the fall and will include Mass and practice for Confirmation candidates only. Attendance is imperative.
- Practice with sponsors will be held separately and closer to the date of Confirmation.
|Confirmation Information Sheet||Return completed forms to your Level 6 Teacher/Catechist or to the PREP office.|
|Sponsor Eligibility Form with Questions||This form needs to be completed in ink by the candidate’s sponsor and include the seal of the sponsor’s parish. Completed forms should be returned to your Level 6 Teacher/Catechist or the PREP office.|
|WORKS OF CHARITY REFLECTION FORMS||This form provides documentation of three Works of Charity projects, and includes the signature of your supervisor, reflection responses, candidate signature and the signature of sponsor or parent. Return completed and signed forms to your Level 6 Teacher/Catechist or the PREP Office.|
|AoP Confirmation Questions Revised Oct 2018||This document provides a list of questions from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia that candidates need to understand before being confirmed.|