Confirmation is one of three Sacraments of Initiation in the Catholic Church. (Baptism and Eucharist are the other two.) Confirmation strengthens the Holy Spirit’s presence in us, which was received at Baptism. It empowers us for a life of mission and vocation and establishes the beginning of a life of full participation and responsibility in the Catholic Church. It is not the end or “graduation” of one’s faith journey. Find out more about Confirmation here.
Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Isidore Parish is a two year process beginning with Grade/Level 5. This Sacrament is received by our students after the completion of Grade/Level 6, in the fall of 7th grade for most students.
Items needed to prepare for Confirmation:
- Saint Research – Candidates must research no less than five saints on various assigned topics and select their saint name by the end of Grade/Level 5.
- Works of Mercy/Service Projects – Jesus modeled service to others and we are all encouraged to do as he did. Candidates are encouraged to serve their school, church, and community as much as possible. Three meaningful projects – based on the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy – are required as evidence of service. Each project must be a minimum of two hours, include the signature of the project supervisor, and be completed between the Spring of Grade/Level 5 and the Spring of Grade/Level 6. Guidelines for Service 2021.
- Confirmation Information Sheet – Parents/Guardians must complete this form legibly, in ink, providing the information which will be used for the Parish Sacramental Register. This form must be completed and returned in January.
- —-Interview – Candidates must interview their sponsor and complete the interview form. Sponsor Certificate with Questions.
- —-Sponsor Certification Form/Letter of Eligibility – All sponsors must be at least 16 years of age, and registered Catholics in good standing at their parish. Parents CANNOT be a sponsor for their child. The certification form must be completed by the sponsor’s home parish and include the seal of the parish. If the sponsor is registered at St. Isidore Parish, they may submit the form to Father Brabazon after any weekend Mass. This form and the sponsor interview form are due at the end of February.
- Works of Mercy Reflections – See Works of Mercy/Service Projects above. Upon completion of service, candidates should have the adult who supervised sign the reflection form, and candidates must complete the reflection form questions. The Works of Mercy Reflection forms are due at the end of March.
- Retreat and Practice – Will most likely be held in mid-September and will include Mass and practice for Confirmation candidates only. Attendance is mandatory. The Confirmation fee of $30 will be collected at this time and, if needed, measurements for robes will be taken and can be ordered for an additional $20. Practice for students and sponsors will be held separately and closer to the date of Confirmation.
|Confirmation Information Sheet||Please return it to your Level 6 Teacher/Catechist or to the Parish office. Due January 20th, 2021.|
|Sponsor Eligibility Form with Questions||This form needs to be completed by your child’s sponsor and include the seal of the sponsor’s parish. Forms should be returned to your Level 6 Catechist or the Parish office. Due February 24th, 2021.|
|Works of Mercy Reflection Forms||This form provides documentation of your three Works of Charity, signature of your supervisor, and reflection responses. Due to your Level 6 Catechist/Teacher or the PREP Office on March 31st, 2021.|
|Confirmation Questions Revised 10-18||This document provides a list of questions from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia that candidates need to understand before being confirmed.|